Author: Lee Tonitto, CEO, Australian Marketing Institute
We can all reflect with some pride AMI’s achievements this year.
We have created new value for members – and we will do much more to save you money and provide unique, curated, opportunities to Grow, Brand, You.
Here’s a snapshot of some 2016 AMI top-line stats:
And here’s a sample of our own, and collaborated, activities in 2016:
- 40 new online training courses and 20 new classroom setting courses. Go>
- Collaboration with Vision Critical using the customer intelligence platform, delivering the Customer Experience “Bridging the divide” report and soon to be released Voice of Customer report.
- Professional Development survey powered by Hall and Partners Open Mind . This helped us drill down on what’s important to fuel your professional development training.
- AMI Member NPS Survey.
- Noted Australian research agency Colmar Brunton helped us uncover the detail of Senior marketers challenges, priorities and insights heading into 2017.
- Thank you to Icon Agency for helping deliver more than 50 pieces of thought provoking PR in 2016
- Partnered with PWC for an AMI breakfast briefing of the Entertainment and Media Outlook 2016–2020
- Partnerships with industry conferences, including: World Marketing Sales Forum, CXO Summit, Out of the Box – Marketing Confex, Marketing Millenials Conference, PRIA: Communciaiton and Innovation
- Prototyped our first Hackathon in partnership with Hard Hat Digital and PWC in Melbourne
- Taking Marketing to the Boardroom with a 3-pronged program
- More than doubled the number of CMO Functions in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
- Hosted 70 Emerging Marketer Victoria Mentee and Mentors.
- Appointed 85 new State and Emerging Marketer Committee members
- We are delighted to have 14 universities and 29 university courses accredited
- Welcome to our 254 new CPMs
- We welcomed Patrick Barwise, Emeritus Professor, London Busines School, who shared with us via webinar and CMO lunch: “The 12 powers of a marketing leader”.
Lee and Patrick, 25-Nov-2016
2017 is the year we make AMI even more relevant to our broad church of Members. And it is the year we Grow, More, Members!
AMI 2016 Awards for Marketing Excellence
Our members enjoyed a very successful Awards program. This is the best way to benchmark you, and your organisation’s expertise against others and to receive the acknowledgement of your peers. It is a great way to Grow, Brand, You.
We announced the winners to a packed house (literally as there was no more space) at the Sheraton on the Park in Sydney on 19 October 2016.
The awards could not be possible without the record number of 215 entrants, some 120 judges (special thank you to Sean Grant Chair of the Judges), and a lot of work from members and staff to promote the event. Thank you all and I expect we will have more entries and more judges for the 2017 Awards to be held on October 18 2016 at Grand Hyatt Melbourne.
The recognition awards are:
Future Leader Award: Rosie Andersen, Markerting & Communications Consultant, Mercer
Certified Practicing Marketer of the Year Award: Nicolle Jenkins, Managing Director, The Hub Marketing Communications
Sir Charles McGrath Award: Holly Kramer, Non-Execurtive Director Woolworths, AMP, Australia Post, Nine Entertainment
Marketing Program of the Year Award: JOINT winners:
Meat & Livestock Australia for “The most successful lamb campaign ever” and University of Melbourne for “Revitalising a 160 year old brand”
The awards could not be possible without a huge number of sponsors and supporters. Check out our Awards ebook with all winners, finalists, judges and sponsors.
A record attendance at each of our 7 State Awards to celebrate Marketing Excellence. Thank you to the hard working State Committees who worked tirelessly to make these events a great success.
Our vision for 2017
If you have not realised it, the vision is all about Grow, Brand, You. That means different things to different members.
- Our student members need vision – what does marketing professional practice hold for me? We need to increase our academic/institute relationships to ensure a steady supply of job ready graduates – and jobs. In 2016 we ramped up the Accreditation scheme to establish pathways between academia ,industry and student members. In 2017 new academic partnerships will emerge to foster growth in marketing professionalism capability an capacity.
- Our young professionals need to be given a helping hand to find the right pathways to progress – one day they will be the ‘leaders’ and we collectively need to impart as much guidance and knowledge as we can. We have a very successful Emerging Marketers Group in Victoria and will expand this program to other States in 2017
- For our middle managers we need to provide new and leading edge knowledge as well as refresher courses to stay up with trends or refresh capabilities for the next role.
- To our CPMs and C Suite marketers it is about networking, making contacts and doing business. We will host exclusive C Suite events in 2017 kicking off with the Colmar Brunton senior marketer Monitor series in Feb /March 2017 . In 2017 CMO patrons will host exclusive CPM and Senior marketer functions
- Finally we are thrilled to partner with Simon Sinek on his March 2017 Sydney and Melbourne dates.
And the Institutes overall aims are to be better at all we do, and be the number one organisation that professional marketers want to join and respect.
And to those at Board of Directors; Finance Board Committee; Accreditation Board Committee; Members Support Sydney Office; State and Emerging Marketer Chairs ….
Forgive me for the wild ride, the impossible deadlines, weekend work, late nights and early mornings. We are blessed with 150 volunteers in our community.
We also have paid, part-time state event managers
- Angela Lount AMAMI
- Trudy Alcoe AMAMI
During the year we have had many volunteers and interns – apologies to any we unintentionally miss.
A special thank you to our infrastructure supporters
- Yvonne Chan
- Mei Biggs
- Hamish McLeod
- Tim Nicholas
- Tim Entwisle
- Natalie Stuart
Finally, a word from me
We’re where academia meets industry for you
We’re for growing cutting edge skills to foster your success.
We’re for building your brand.
We’re for developing you.
Grow. Brand. You